R5 Not connecting

huexley

R5 Not connecting

Post by huexley »

Hi all,

Just received Polaris with astrokit and updated everything. Sadly I cant seems to connect my R5 to Polaris (err -5).

Used the cable from the box, but not luck. Is there ans specific setting on the R5 to enable ?
saenore

Re: R5 Not connecting

Post by saenore »

I am experiencing the same symptoms

Even if I change the line, it is the same

Can anyone please tell me how to fix it quickly
MikeTheNth

Post by MikeTheNth »

Same here. Restart of Polaris and camera, reconnect cables etc several times - R5 still not recognized.

I am somewhat happy times that I’m not alone - I feared the USB port in my R5 was broken 😞 as my R is recognized and seems to work.

I just received the Polaris today, it seems like you guys also just got yours?

Did you also update the firmware of the Polaris? Unfortunately, I didn’t test with the camera before updating, so I can’t tell, if the update caused the problem.

Mike
doug_flyfisher

Post by doug_flyfisher »

I received my unit last Spring. I had no connection issues with my R5/R6. But because of other issues, Benro replaced my unit. Thank you Benro. When I went to use it, I had the same connection issues you are experiencing. I contacted Benro and found out that they had a bad batch of cables that they had sent out with their units. They replaced the cable and all works like it should now.

MikeTheNth has a work around that also works:

Get an 'OTG' - On-The-Go - adapter. USB-C plug and USB-A port.
Get a completely normal USB C-A cable, both ends as plugs.
Connect adapter and cable via the A ends.
Connect the adapter (very important!) C end to the Polaris, and the cable C end to the camera
And then it works (at least on my R5)
Ci_Song

Post by Ci_Song »

I have the same problem connecting to my R5. Have you guys found a way to solve it?
MikeTheNth

Post by MikeTheNth »

Ci_Song wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:30 pm I have the same problem connecting to my R5. Have you guys found a way to solve it?
Yes. Go to this post https://polaris-forum.review/viewtopic.php?t=93 - or look at the post before yours.