A1 wont connect

clayd333

A1 wont connect

Post by clayd333 »

I have the following settings and am using the included usbc to usbc cable but cannot get the android ap to control the camera. what am I missing? See attached photo.

TIA

-Clay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clayd333

Re: A1 wont connect

Post by clayd333 »

I figured it out, have to use the micro usb cable :) Well at leat it's documented here now..
HaPeKa

Post by HaPeKa »

Just seen it now ... A1 works like a charm, even if it is not on the supported cameras list ...
clayd333

Post by clayd333 »

Does ur A1 save to the microSD or can u save to the camera card? Mine is saving to micro which is not convienent.
Gregor Samsa

Post by Gregor Samsa »

clayd333 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:59 pm Does ur A1 save to the microSD or can u save to the camera card? Mine is saving to micro which is not convienent.
I know this is an old post, and you may have sorted it out already, but for anyone else looking, in the PC Remote Function settings on the A1 (or other Sony Cameras), there's a setting called "Still Img. Save Dest.". By default, it's set to "PC Only" (i.e. to only save to the external device you're connected to, in this case the Micro SD card in the Polaris). You can change this to "PC + Camera" or "Camera Only".